Friday, March 18, 2011

B. Ruppe Drugs


I had read in a NM magazine about a place called B. Ruppe Drugs. 
It's the oldest pharmacy in NM. 
But now they don't do refills or prescriptions. 
They just do OTC items as well as all sorts of herbs, roots
& natural items that they package and sell. 
They may have to sell soon as the curandera is 80,
 and her male helper is 90!  (You can see him in one of the pics.) 
They also have an altar in the middle of the store that has candles to light,
paper to write prayers on, & lots of santos to see. 
I'm so sorry they are going to have to sell this place! 
I bought some wonderful teas, tinctures, roots, etc
for my pals who wanted some, & some for me too!
Here are some pics for you to enjoy before it's out of business.
Click on a pic to enlarge it.

The outside:


The inside with the 90 year old helper:
DH taking it all in:

The Altar

Roots and Herbs RTG:
The Russian Orthodox Church across the street:

No comments: