Friday, January 2, 2009

EDM 002 Quick Sketch

OK...in a hurry today, so not much time for sketching! But I did it! Not very exciting, but it's an accomplishment for me none the less! I'm finding that the sketch moleskines don't hold alot of watercolor washes, so I don't get the darks I'm after. I may have to eventually go to watercolor moleskines like I've used before. I tape a piece of watercolor paper to the left side of the book which helps me see how the colors would work on that paper. I like it much better!
Off to a Holiday Happy Hour!

4 comments:

kazumiwannabe said...

Your pages look great! I totally love the shoe you drew below, too. I read your introduction at EDM yahoo group and I hope you'll go on "blabbering" (I think that's the word you used : ) and showing your art often! I'm french and living just near the Italian frontier and we talk and move our hands a lot too!

CC said...

Thanks! I hope I don't blabber too much! You let me know if I do!
My step mom is just in Paris now visiting pals over the new year! How fun! So I'll go visit your blog & pretend I'm in France with you all!
Warmest aloha,
CC

Lynn said...

Welcome to the EDM group. You've made a great start on the challenges and I hope to see more of your stuff. It's great!

CC said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Lynn! Eveyone has been so helpful...even when I make mistakes on the EDM blog. ;)
Warmest aloha,
CC