Saturday, July 19, 2008

May BJP Completed!

Boy, I never thought I'd make it with all that's been going on! But I finally finished my May BJP!!! Now all I have to do is mount all my focal pieces on painted boards & add danglies & words! Gee...sounds simple, huh? Ha! Anyway, here's some pics of the process. I based the form on an ancient statuette of The Venus of Willendorf. In reality she is only 4 3/8 " high. Mine is 6". Some believe she is a mother goddess figure, which is one of the reasons I chose her for May. I also challenged myself by only using 3 colors of seed beads. I wanted to see if I could show shape & form with a limited palette. I found out that lined beads show up bright, which wasn't exactly what I wanted. I also wish I'd started with her belly as I like the way she looks from there. But it was an excellent learning experience in more ways than one!

Now on to getting them all on boards!!! Whew!

7 comments:

Melody Marie Murray said...

She's gorgeous! I love her.

CC said...

Thanks Melody! I'm glad you like her!

heidibeads said...

CC - she's wonderful! I knew when I saw her exactly who she was! Love her!

Anonymous said...

she is a perfect Venus, a real Venus, those prehistoric people knew what a real woman was.

Looking forwarding to seeing how your put all the pieces together.

artandtea said...

Congratulations on finishing your May page, CC! Your Venus is lovely. I'm still working on my May page, thanks for the inspiration to get going and finish!
-Karen

CC said...

Hi heidibeads, jacqui & artandtea! Glad you all liked her. Now to get on to the boards...! ;)
Warmest aloha,
CC

Padparadscha said...

A perfect choice, and you did justice to her. Congratulations !