Friday, December 28, 2007

Better Late Than Never

Well, I wasn't sure I'd even get to start my December BJP piece in December, let alone finish it! But I did get to start it anyway. I decided to used a snow globe as my symbol for the month. Here it is cut out & penciled in with the beading started.


As I bead along, I erase the soft pencil line...somehow it looks like the kneaded eraser is kissing the globe in this picture! :)


Got the outline done, & a really pretty white rock glued down. I wish I knew what it was called. I got it from a pal & it has shiny, sparkly spots on it like white mica or something. I just know I like it! Maybe someone will recognise it.

Well, I have a long way to go, and it's almost time to start JANUARY!!! So I'm outta here!

6 comments:

beadbabe49 said...

Might be white quartz, cc....

KV said...

Love, love snow globes! You may be sure I will be following your progress on this one . . .

Kathy V in NM

Jody said...

I look forward to seeing how the snow globe develops!

a2susan said...

I can send you some real snow if you'd like!! I've always been fascinated by snow globes and I can't wait to see how yours progresses.

Chaska Peacock said...

I want to come and sit by your side,
CC! I laugh (a bit hysterically) when I think back on your calling yourself a grasshopper.

Robin said...

What a fun idea for December!!! Can't wait to see how it develops! I'm a bit more behind than you, as I'm just finishing November today. Happy new year!